Sunday, January 1, 2012

I want to install the Vance & Hines shortshots on my 2009 Sportster 883xl Iron.?

Do I HAVE to install a Fuel Pak? Is there an issue with JUST installing the pipes only?|||that would look and sound awesome!


Yes you do need to richen up the fuel with a fuel pack to make it run richer do to less back pressure on the exhaust.


I just LOVE the new 883 Iron, that's one mean looking bike!





Live To Ride


Ride To Live|||the fuel pak is a good idea as the pipes are going to cause a LEAN condition,you allways have to richen up your fuel mixture when you have a less restrictive exhaust. Running lean causes extra heat which is not good when you have an air cooled motor like H.D. uses. I see a lot of H.D. bikes in my shop with a worn out rear cylinder!

No comments:

Post a Comment