Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cost for for changing the exhaust on 2010 Harley Sportster Iron 883?

I want to buy a 2010 Harley Sportster iron 883 and I want to put a VANCE %26amp; HINES BIG RADIUS EXHAUST. I just come from the dealer and they told me that it will cost me $1700. I was told that the exhaust cost $600, I need to get a filter $200 and fuelpak $300. I guess the rest are tuning and installation. Is this realy the case and are there alternatives?

ThanksCost for for changing the exhaust on 2010 Harley Sportster Iron 883?
PLEASE contact me, I have some advice for you, but too much to write here. Email me here through my profile with your regular email address so I can write you.



To do an exhaust job PROPERLY, it can be pricey, BUT...not as expensice as they are telling you.



DO NOT use the V%26amp;H Fuel Pack!!!.....DO NOT use ANY type of "piggy-back" add-on fuel module!!!....Go with the Screamin Eagle Super Tuner...you won't regret it!!!

If a Harley DEALER is recommending the Fuel Pack...Stay Away from them, they don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground...The Screamin Eagle Super Tuner is FROM HD, and THE most advanced/tunable system on the market and is made specifically for HD's Delphi Injection system.



A friend of mine just had his 09 Fat Boy done...V%26amp;H Staggered Duals $600, Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner $150, Screamin Eagle SUPER TUNER $400, and DYNO TUNING $250....$1400 TOTAL....and he picked up 12hp and 8ft/lb of Torque (would have been higher with a better choice in pipes)Cost for for changing the exhaust on 2010 Harley Sportster Iron 883?
You really don't need to do much to that bike. Loud pipes, save lives but, if you care about performance without added expense check your options before you buy. The 883 is the best, most tried and true motor Harley makes. The transmission on the 883 is damn near indestructible. Don't sacrifice performance for sound no matter what. If you do your homework first, you'll be happier and wealthier in the end.



Don't get me wrong, I believe in Harley...don't trust salesmen no matter what they're selling. Get the facts first.Cost for for changing the exhaust on 2010 Harley Sportster Iron 883?
Buy the exhaust then call fuelmottousa.com. They will fix you up with a SE backing plate, super sucker K%26amp;N filter and a mapped out Power Commander for about $400. You can take the PC off and the bike goes back to stock. I have an 08 FLHK and they did the same for me and I'm very,very happy with the results.
The dealer will charge that, you can install your own easily for less than half that. Check out the vance %26amp; hines web site. Also check out Cobra, they have some drag pipes that sound AMAZING on that 883.

No comments:

Post a Comment