Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cobra or vance and hines?

im stuck between the corba speedster shorts or the vance and hines big shots staggered. what is the difference with power, sound, etc.? Also take a look at them and see what you think. appreciate the input. -jon


http://www.cobrausa.com/content/index.cfm?siteaction=Exhaust%26amp;bikeID=68 or the V%26amp;H at http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/Jrodstreaker/Cropped-1.jpg|||Incredible answers here by some qualified posters...





My V%26amp;H pipes have heat shields and I have found Cobra to be a mass production volume sales type supplier without a reputation to uphold as opposed to V%26amp;H who prefers having credibility. Cobra has become popular because they offer more at a cheaper price and has gained market share as a result of name brand recognition. Cobra is not based on performance and strictly sales driven.





Mine are on a VN1600 Classic and I didn't have to "marble" it where anyone I've met or known who has Cobra's needed a Power Commander and the marble trick. I have the same Big Shots you have linked - guys with Harley's are constantly having those double take looks when they hear us. One time I fired mine up and was down the row in a strip mall, at the end was a biker bar and a Harley dude walked all the way down to where I was just to see what he heard...








I think it speaks volumes for the V%26amp;H





They can be loud when you need them and that's what I like best because sometimes you need a little quiet to squeeze by the man...





Simply put, I think Cobra's suck for the most part - the sound in higher rpm levels is just pure noise where V%26amp;H produces a unique sound you can't get and heads turn, trust me.... |||I prefer the hard chrome, however, you will not get power alone with the pipes, any of them. you might even loose power. With any open pipe setup, make sure you have intake changed and bike re-tuned so you get good performance and no burned heads or carbon valves.


The other big problem with after market pipes are they don't have heat shields, while you can be smart and not get burned, the pipes can turn blue. and without heat shield, you see it ! make sure you get thewarrantyy on no bluing ! cobra麓s look sweet but used to turn blue, now their ceramic inside which helps stop this.


as far as looks and sounds, the only pipes i liked the sounds of on my 1700 roadstars and friendsKawasakii were hard chrome andBarron'ss nasty boyz and for harley, their own screaming eagle.


its all your opinion that matters, but you really knew that now,didn'tt ya !|||If you have a cruiser DO NOT get drag pipes. They provide no backpressure to generate torque. I see almost everyone riding a cruiser has one on and this is a big mistake as it destroys your torque. The best thing that you can do for your V Twin cruiser is get a 2 in 1 exhaust. This way you will still get the nice sound but you will keep the performance...|||hooker 2%26amp;1/2" double wall is yet another option that looks shweet, no blueing and they have a baffle for backpressure to help performance but still give the great sound|||if your gonna run drag pipes get a set of anti reversion cones.Or make your own. Basically its a ventouri right at the start of the pipe.gives you back pressure.|||get the Vance Hines, unless you get one heck of a deal on the Cobra's (much cheaper).|||They will both be plenty noisy. Pick the one you get the best deal on.|||I have V%26amp;H on my bike and couldn't be happier with them. No bluing at all and they sound great. I also have the K%26amp;N filter and the carbs have been re jetted. I haven't had my bike dyno-ed but I've been told there is about a 5-10% increase in HP. I know it runs really strong.





I looked at your sites and both pipes look good. Not sure, but I believe the Cobras are a little less expensive than the V%26amp;H.

No comments:

Post a Comment