Thursday, January 12, 2012

What kind of pipes(exhaust) for your Harley did you put on your bike?

Looking to put new pipes on a softail heritage. Right now stuck on Thunderheaders, Vance and Hines and Rineharts. Cant decide. Also stuck between getting 2 in 1 or duel exhaust.What kind of pipes(exhaust) for your Harley did you put on your bike?
I run 2" straight pipes on my Shovel, and Screamin' Eagle II duals with a Stage I kit on Twin Cam. The Eagles have a nice mellow note I like, but still have a crisp sound. Like Firecracker said, there's a lot of personal taste involved.
Some good choices, some useless and stupid. I have a moderately modified Hertage Softail... I put on Screamin' eagle slip-ons, and tuned the baffles to the Andrews cams. It runs and sounds fantastic. -And when I let off the gas at around 110, there's no popping or empty "gargling" at the pipes. -thats my 2 cents... do your thing.... you're the only one that has to be pleased.What kind of pipes(exhaust) for your Harley did you put on your bike?
By far the most popular seem to be Rinehart or Vance %26amp; Hines exhaust. Looks and the way it sounds seem shallow, but are important, after all we are talking about riding our Harley! Some important factors to think abotu are well noted at the atached link. I think you'll find this helpful. Please check our prices at Ride Shack when yuo dicide you are ready to buy!
You know, I really don't know what they are.

After messing around with gutted (2 different ways) stock mufflers, I bought a set of baffled slip-ons from the shop down the road. He said Santee, but I think Cycle Shack. I don't even know what model they were for, but they weren't for a Dyna. The mounts are different.

I run them on a set of modified original headpipes.



You're deep into personal preference territory.

I like duals.What kind of pipes(exhaust) for your Harley did you put on your bike?
I really like Vance and Hines. i put a set of their straight shots on an evo I used to have. Only set of pipes I've ever installed where I could really feel a performance gain. I would nor recommend the long Shots though. Pipes that long are very hard or almost impossible to tune properly.
for performance the 2 into 1 is the way to go.However for sound and of course looks its allways a dual twin pipe set up. Me myself 30 inch long inch and a quarter diameter home made drag pipes is all I ever use. With an anti reversion cone of course!
On my Sportster I have Python slash cuts that are great.

On my FHLT I have Suppertrapp.



Most of the Harley riders in my area have Vance %26amp; Hines pipes.



I like to not be part of the heard and have a different sound than every bike on the road.
Always dual pipes! A 2in1 set is a headache, believe me. I had a 2 in 1 header set on a bike once and it was so deafening I took it off and put gutted dual exhausts/mufflers on it
I went with PipeDreamz Insomnic's drag pipes on my 07 Sportster
cycle shack,not hard on the wallet and look and sound nice.
Have some consideration and find some nice quiet ones for your gutless antique. Isn't it kind of embarrassing to make all that noise only to be smoked by a bike half the size and half the price?

No comments:

Post a Comment