Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to replace exhaust gaskets on a 99 superglide?

I just replaced my stock pipes with Vance %26amp; HInes big shots and when I removed the old pipes I didn't noticed the gaskets... are these somehow mounted on the rim of the exhaust ports? thinking I didn't need these I installed the new pipes without new gaskets, I thought the sales rep gave them to me by mistake.... how do you get these out? should they just pop out or what? HELP!!!How to replace exhaust gaskets on a 99 superglide?
The exhaust gaskets are a soft wire mesh, they are hard to see in the exhaust port. It is recommended that they be replaced when doing exhaust work(I cheat once in a while)

To remove them use a dental pick or small screwdriver ,stab into the soft gasket and pull it out( it's easy)

Install your new ones carefully as not to mash them, flat side in ,flared side out. " Do Not Over tighten" 8-10 lbs is all that is needed.How to replace exhaust gaskets on a 99 superglide?
If you can't get them out with a pick, aim a screw driver at the inside diameter (from inside-out) and tap on the screw driver. When they separate from the engine, pry them out.
  • mercedes benz usa
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment