Thursday, January 19, 2012

Motorcycle pipes?

I am having problem trying to decide what pipes to put on my bike. I really like the way martin bros. pipes look. Someone told me they are really loud. i do want some real loud pipes, but I dont want to ruin the performance. Should I go with the martin bros? vance and hines I know are a safe bet, but im not sure I want the look that they offer. Someone please help me out.Motorcycle pipes?
whatever you do don't listen to this oliver guy above. First rienharts are terrible pipes the baffles will rattle like crazy in about five thousand miles, they perform terrible, and they blue. also anytime you change pipes or aircleaners. you bike has to be tuned on a dyno (hd race tuner, power commander, etc.) he thinks the motor automatically fixes it he is wrong that guy is f**king up his motor. go with vance and hines they are by far the best quality, their big radius pipes would look great on that bike but you have plenty of time to decide since you can't get the bike for a couple months. good luck
i put vance and hines shorts on a 06 night train the performance su@ked so i went with thunder headers thay sound grate performance is unrealMotorcycle pipes?
Dude:

Nice choice of bike!!!

I ride an 07 Street glide



Pipes for you should be rienhheart slip ons. You will get the best performance without getting on a dyno the computer of the bike will reset itself. You are looking at maybe 12-15 horse power gain and with that 96 cubic engine you do not need more. I have lifted my front tire off the ground in sixth gear, more power than that I really don't need. In Central California I tend to see more rienheart pipes than any other.
look at bubs line of pipesMotorcycle pipes?
Would help to know what bike you are talking about.



In general 2 into 1 pipes are better performance, but I don't like the look of them. So I went with the V%26amp;H Big shots that have a hidden cross over, that make the two into two perform closer to two into one pipes.



In general true straight pipes are very loud, and only effective at the race track at wide open throttle. For everyday application, you need some backpressure for efficiency.



Pipe selection for looks and sound, is a very subjective choice.



On my bike (VTX 1800R) the V%26amp;H sound good (IMHO), but are a bit louder than I would like, and seem to do well for performance.



Try to find the same pipes as you are looking at, and see if you like how they look and sound mounted. Always best to see on your bike specifically, but looking at the same pipes on a similiar bike may be the best you can do.
Martain Brothers pipes look cool but are looks only. They are not designed to perform and have no baffles. Additionally, I don't believe any of their pipes are plumbed for the sensors on the injected bikes.

If you want pipes that are designed for your bike and are set up for the injection sensors, check out Vance and Hines or Hooker.
just remap ur fuel injection after the pipe swap. U shouldn't loose much power. U will probably gain on the upper end of the RPM's. U will loose power through ur mid range though. Drag bike riders use the short unbaffled pipes like the martin bro's.

No comments:

Post a Comment