Thursday, January 19, 2012

Remap Motorcycle Exhaust / Power Commander?

I just put down an order for Vance %26amp; Hines Straightshots for my Suzuki Boulevard c50 ('06). Is it necessary to remap the fuel injection system/purchase a power commander system? It seems a bit pricey (the pipes were expensive enough).Remap Motorcycle Exhaust / Power Commander?
If the straightshot pipes do not have baffles in them, then I would say Yes. If there are street legal mufflers on them, then I would say no. More than likely the FI system can compensate for any minor changes a set of pipes may bring to the machine. Problems with a stock system may arise if the new pipes lack back pressure.Remap Motorcycle Exhaust / Power Commander?
I own an 05 C50T. Anything you do to the bike to increase either the air intake volume or exhaust volume (flow, not sound level) should require a remapping of your air/fuel mixture to obtain maximum benefit from the changes. The way you do this on a fuel injected bike is with a Power Commander or similar product. I just installed a PCIII USB on my bike last Saturday. It took maybe 30 minutes and was a piece of cake. I have not yet modified my exhaust or air intake, so I am using the "stock bike" map for now. It made a noticeable difference in how my bike runs. I highly recommend one. Shop around for the best deal. BTW, check out this website if you haven't already: volusiariders.com.Remap Motorcycle Exhaust / Power Commander?
dont know the answer for your bike but last week i put the vance %26amp; hines big radius, hyper charger and the power commander 3 on my harley softail 07. was the best thing ive done. its like some one elses bike. i could not be happier with the performance. good luck and ride safe
You probably will, the easiest way to determine this is to look at the color of your spark plugs ( Before) the new pipes go on.



Once you have installed the new pipes , ride for a day and check the plugs again. If they are the same color (which is unlikely) then you are O.K..

If the plugs are a lighter color ,that indicates the bike is lean and that your fuel air ratio has to be altered.
  • xenon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment