Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do I have to re-tune my '06 Yamaha R1 if I gut the cat out?

I have a 2006 Yamaha R1 and I just put that A%26amp;R Motorsports baffle kit from Vance and Hines in. It sounds great but I want it a little louder. I don't want to spend any more money either. I'm assuming if I just gut the cat this will be achieved. But will I need to tune the computer or anything or will I be ok just to gut it and ride. Also, any tips on how to gut the cat???Do I have to re-tune my '06 Yamaha R1 if I gut the cat out?
do not try and gut the can you will just ruin it. you do not need to make it louder. remember if you assume you make an *** out of yourself.Do I have to re-tune my '06 Yamaha R1 if I gut the cat out?
Keep our air clean and leave the cat intact.Do I have to re-tune my '06 Yamaha R1 if I gut the cat out?
If it has O2 sensors, it should stay intact, otherwise the ECU won't calculate properly since there'll be no change in O2 levels across the cat. The ECU will think that something's wrong and try to compensate.

No comments:

Post a Comment