Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rinehart vs. Vance and Hines?

What is better for a 2006 Softail Standard EFI. I am looking at the Rinehart 2 into 1 or the big radius from Vance and Hines.|||Check out Hard Krome pipes, before you decide. I had 2 to 1 Vance and Hines on my softail, they were ok gas milage drop about 7 mpg from the stock pipes. A friend of mine put Rinehart 2 to 1 on his Dyna, there is a crome cover where the pipes "T" to the 1 that has come off 3 times in less than a year. I put Hard Krome pipes on my Harley and they sound great and perform great.|||I,ve got Vance %26amp; Hines straight shots on my 2002 883 Hugger and love them.They're loud!!!! Believe me,they can hear me before they see me.Every Harley rider around here has V%26amp;H on their bikes.


GO WITH THE VANCE %26amp; HINES.|||they are about the same performance wise its all a looks thing. they will still make the dreaded potato potato potato sound there is no getting rid of that unfortunately|||It all depends on how you want the bike to look after you finished adding all the goodies.


The Vance and Hines are a bit louder.


The Rinehart pipes will give a lower note (rumble) and are heavier.


If you decide to go with either of them, I would recommend having your on board computer re-mapped. The " i " in the model nomenclature means that it's electronically fuel injected. The on board computer will compensate the air / fuel mixture for variances in altitude, but when you slap on those new pipes it's a whole new ball game.


The new pipes have less back pressure because they have less baffling. This allows the exhaust gasses to leave the combustion chamber quicker, allowing the engine to run leaner, which equates to hotter. If you don't have your on board computer re-mapped to run richer, your new pipes will turn blue in short order and there's a good possibility that you'll develop a hot spot in your cylinder.


While you're at it I would highly recommend installing a high flow air filter at the same time. This way you'll have the sound and a few more ponies to boot. The good thing is, you'll only have to have the on board computer re-mapped once.


If you have a lap top computer you can purchase the software for re-mapping your on board computer from your local Harley Davidson dealer. Personally, I'd let them do it because, they usually throw in a dyno test in for free to validate their work.|||I like Rinehart but the cost factor says go with Vance and Hines. I've seen those Hard Krome Pipes the other guy mention, they are nice, and will not blue. They sound good also.





By the way almost all Harley Riders I know go with Rinehart not Vance and Hines. I have nothing against Vance and Hines they are high quality pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment