Sunday, January 1, 2012

I have a Vance and Hines straight back exhaust on my 883 sportster?

I was wondering if I can remove the baffles for more sound? They are already performance pipes but just wondering if I can remove the baffles for an additional performance boost?|||vance and hines also makes performence baffles for their pipes. they are louder than the original baffles in the pipes, add some more performence and they are much cheaper than the thunder whatever baffles mentioned above. BUT, a 1200 conversion kit will give you a lot of boost for a relatively cheap price. you can find kits for $400.00 to $500.00.|||Yes you can remove them, but not without re jet(carburetor or remap (fuel injection). It has been proven that by removing the bafflers will actually hurt your performance. I use thunder manufacturing thunder monster bafflers. They are designed for more power,and they are louder than the stock v%26amp; H bafflers. I hope this helps. Do a search for thunder manufatcuring thunder bafflers.|||absolutely,, Vance and Hines only hires morons and idiots for performance engineers, I'm sure your way smarter than they are,if not I'm sure someone on this sight has the magic answer, were all freekin geniuses here, if you want more noise call a rapper|||Agree with Gary, the only performance boost you'll get from that is on a dyno at redline. Oh yeah, rejet or you'll toast some valves maybe even a piston. Plus it'll give everyone around you a headache.


If you want more performance follow the famous Joe Minton's 1200 conversion for $500-$600 if you do it yourself. That is the best bang you can possibly get for less than the cost of your exhaust system.

No comments:

Post a Comment