Sunday, January 1, 2012

Installing Vance & Hines with FuelPak. What else do I need?

I own a 2008 Sportster. I Received for Christmas Vance %26amp; Hines Shortshots as well as The FuelPak. I am looking to do the installation myself. BESIDES this what else do I need to put in the bike? High Flow Air Cleaner? If yes which one would you recomend? or can I just do with the stock air cleaner.? Also do I need to put the bike on a DYNO? Thanks for your help..|||HD makes a high flow intake, Arlen ness does, as do many others. You certainly should replace that stock air set up to get more air into the motor.


Go to the V%26amp;H website to get the download numbers for your bike and pipes, and look to see what air kits they have the numbers for already, go with a name brand, and you will be fine.


ride safe|||Either give V%26amp;H a call or check there website for a program for the fuelpak. They should have one for your setup both with and without a high flow a/c. The a/c is not required but it will let the engine breathe better and you'll get better performance with one. Don't worry about going to a dyno. The whole concept of the fuelpak is that V%26amp;H does all the testing with a variety of set ups and then you just use the program they recommend. They don't give out the information on what the program steps affect. Their idea seems to be that this is for people who don't do a lot of tinkering once it's set up.|||When you said fuelpak. I am assuming you meant V%26amp;H brand . If you ordered the pipes and pak together it should have the correct map in it. If not you may have to download one. For air cleaner I have had great luck with Arlen Ness big sucker stage one if you just do pipes and fuel pack. The dyno is the optimum tuning method and will give you a custom map but can be costly . I have never had one done but my bike runs great.

No comments:

Post a Comment