Sunday, January 1, 2012

How do I clean the blueing off my vance and hines longshot exhaust pipes?

Is there a cleaner that will take the bleuing action off my v %26amp; h longshot motorcycle exhaust?|||First you must be running rich and better check this out after you clean them up. Nothing takes bluing completely out. Blue Job is the best but I recommend using S100 soap before and after for the very best results you can get. S100 is a smart investment. Blue Job or other powders like it - you get about .5 ounces for 10-12 dollars and a little cloth. Make sure it's not windy or you'll need more. It will make a noticeable improvement but you'll still see blue, no two ways about it. S100 is just magnificent on chrome or aluminum surfaces and I 100% endorse this product as safe and very useful.





Case in point - tennis shoe on a hot pipe, after you get the brown melt stain out using a cleaner and a polish - even Mothers Chrome polish for instance, theres this residual mark in the chrome - you almost see what looks like an imprint but it's residue like. S100 will remove the residue, light marks, or even the haze like left over. Please note, polishing can be over-done and you could rub off the finish in extreme circumstances such as a battery acid spill - so use common sense.





I've seen nothing work better then S100 and Blue Job in combination, it will take elbow grease effort and patience but it will give you the best results. I know because I restore older motorcycles. You better check into a power commander or having your system re-mapped to limit the blue in the future





btw, I have Vance and Hines longshots on my Vulcan 1600...|||From 50 yrs. of motorcycle experience, I would say "forget it". I've tried it all, vinegar, blue buster, 0000 grit sand paper, Mothers Mag, etc., etc. None of them did the job to suit me.|||Yes. Called "Blue Job" It will get most of it off. You'll never get it to look like it did B4 blueing however.

No comments:

Post a Comment