Sunday, January 1, 2012

Do i need to remap my 08 sporty 883 if i put vance and hines short shots on it? plz advise thx ?

i am new to all of this and would just like to know if i need to remap my bike after i install vance and hines short shots on my 883 sporty. i will be doing the work my self that is installing the pipes plz advise.|||Typically, if you change what goes out, you have to adjust what goes in... More flow out the pipes means you need more flow into the motor... HOWEVER, with the new technology on the newer scooters (i.e. fuel injection, free flow air cleaners, etc) it may not be necessary... If you're changing the mufflers only and not the pipes and leaving the crossover intact, it should be fine.|||I own a 07 Sportster 883 I replaced my whole exhaust from the heads back with custom drag pipes and didn't have to remap the fuel system ,now if I had changed my air cleaner to an aftermarket high flow system like the stage 1 Screaming Eagle or any other type then I would have to remap the system do to the added air flow coming into the motor |||You must install a Screamin' Eagle EFI Race Tuner (Pt#32109-08A) with that exhaust. If you don't the motorcycle will not run right. If you install a street legal slip on muffler the Fuel injection system can adjust accordingly however a drastic exhaust change like that is to much for the standard running parameters of system. Do it right the first time! Don't forget you'll also need a high flow air cleaner!|||I have an 07 flht,i put on cycle shack slip on's,with out remappingg,have not had a problem.Several mechanics have told me that the bike will self adjust to this,unless you do something that drasticallyy changes the bike.|||I believe you just need to rejet the carb.|||If you own a sportster the Forum to go to is www.xlforum.net

No comments:

Post a Comment