Sunday, January 1, 2012

VTX 1800C do I need a Power Commander w/ Vance & Hines Big Shots?

I want to put on some Vance %26amp; Hines Big Shots after market exhaust and was wondering if I need a Power Commander (or similar). Sales people are telling me I do but some of my friends who have Yamaha's put the pipes on without one. Please Help|||The Honda VXT1800 is the best cruiser bike out there!


It has plenty of power, performance, acceleration and speed!


That engine sounds smooth and purrs like a kitten!





WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUIN IT WITH LOUD PIPES FOR?





that bike sounds bad with loud pipes, and the sound will get on your nerves, that bike doesn't have the miss-push rod sound like a Harley has, its a work of art in engineering giving maximum performance with a smooth-quiet sound.





leave the stock pipes on it!|||It would all depend on how you want your bike to perform. If you just want to get from point A to point B you shouldn't have any problems. But if you want to hang with the big boys my suggestion is that you do get the power command modual replaced. Your exhaust must match up to your fuel injection, And by replacing your command modual, you will get better performance out of the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment