Sunday, January 1, 2012

How do I take out the removable baffles on my Vance and Hines Short Shots?

You will have to re-jet, but I think I know what you're asking. The short shots have the baffle attached to the end cap on those pipes. ( I know, I've got a set on my SuperGlide.)


The way I did it...





If you pull your baffles/end caps, this is done by pulling the retaining screw at the back of the pipe, you'll see that there's a small step up from the baffle to the actual cap. I used a cutoff wheel and cut the baffle off the end cap right at this ridge. Put the caps back in, had the carb re-jetted and have had 0 problems since. I love the sound and can't complain a bit. I've yet to have any problems with the NOISE NAZIS either. If you ride like you've got some sense, and avoid whacking your throttle every time you hit a stop sign, I doubt you'll have any issues either.|||you may have to "re-jet", the following link may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment